The Beatles Lyrics Repository
Choose the lyrics to show using any of the options above.
RSS feed for 'The Beatles on this Day'
The Beatles on this Day 15.8.
- Performance at the Cavern.
- Concert at the Odeon, Llandudno, with Tommy Quickly, and Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas.
- 'A Hard Day's Night' LP number 1, 4th week (UK Record Retailer chart).
- Vigency of John's passport ends.
- Concert at the Shea Stadium, New York.
8.00pm. Beginning of the concert.
56,000 people attend, record of audience for a live performance.
The concert is filmed for the BBC by Subafilms Limited, in association with Ed Sullivan Productions Inc. 6 songs recorded for future screening on the Ed Sullivan Show.
- Concert at the Washington Baseball Stadium, Washington. Filmed.
- Studio 2. 7.00pm-3.00am. Recording: 'Rocky Raccoon' (takes 1-9, tape reduction take 9 into take 10, overdub onto take 10). Mono mixing: 'Rocky Raccoon' (remix 1, from take 10). Tape copying: 'Yer Blues' (of remix mono 3); 'Rocky Raccoon' (of remix mono 1). Producer: George Martin; Engineer: Ken Scott; 2nd Engineer: John Smith.
The 'Yer Blues' copy is for George and Ringo; the 'Rocky Raccoon' copy is for John and Paul.
- Studio 1 into Studio 2 (control room). 2.30-5.30pm. Recording: 'Golden Slumbers'/'Carry That Weight' (overdub onto take 17); 'Ending' (working title of 'The End') (overdub onto take 7). Studio 1 into Studio 2. 7.00pm-1.15am. Recording: 'Something' (overdub onto take 39); 'Here Comes The Sun' (overdub onto take 15). Producer: George Martin; Engineer: Geoff Emerick/Phil McDonald; 2nd Engineer: Alan Parsons.
Recording of all orchestral overdubs for 'Abbey Road'. For the first time in a Beatles session a closed circuit of television is used to communicate two studios. George re-records, on the floor of Studio 2, his guitar solo for 'Something'.
- 'Live Peace In Toronto', 32nd week in the ranking (Billboard).
- Great Hall, Alexandra Palace, London. 'Art Spectrum', modern art exhibition. 5 films of John and Yoko are screened: 'Cold Turkey', 'The Ballad Of John And Yoko', 'Give Peace A Chance', 'Instant Karma!', 'Up Your Legs Forever'.
- John and Yoko begin recordings of a new record at Record Plant Studios.
- Studio 2. Show 'The Beatles At Abbey Road' (3 times).