The Beatles Lyrics Repository
Choose the lyrics to show using any of the options above.
The Beatles on this Day 21.10.
- Studio 1 (control room only). 10.00am-1.00pm. Mono mixing: 'I Want To Hold Your Hand' (from take 17); 'This Boy' (remixes 1, 2, from take 15). Editing: 'This Boy' (of mono remixes 1, 2). Stereo mixing: 'I Want To Hold Your Hand' (remix 1, from take 17). Producer: George Martin; Engineer: Norman Smith; 2nd Engineer: not assigned.
End of sessions for 'I Want To Hold Your Hand'/'This Boy'.
- Abbey Road, Room 65. 2.30-5.45pm. Mono mixing: 'I Feel Fine' (remixes 1-4, from take 9); 'I'll Follow The Sun' (from take 8); 'She's A Woman' (remix 2, from take 6); 'Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby' (from take 1). Producer: George Martin; Engineer: Norman Smith; 2nd Engineer: Ron Pender.
- 18.40 and 21.00. Concerts at the Odeon, Glasgow.
- Studio 2. 2.30-7.00pm. Recording: 'Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)' [re-make] (takes 2-4). Studio 2. 7.00-12.00pm. Recording: 'Nowhere Man' (takes 1-2). Producer: George Martin; Engineer: Norman Smith; 2nd Engineer: Ken Scott.
- Harry Moss cuts the stereo version of 'The Beatles' at Abbey Road.
- John returns to Record Plant Studios, to record tracks for the LP 'Rock'n'Roll', this time produced by himself.
- US LP release: 'Love Songs'.
- 'London Town' single, 2nd and last week in the Top 40 (Billboard).
- Recording of the TV special 'Blue Suede Shoes: A Rockabilly Session With Carl Perkins And Friends'. Appearance of George, Ringo, Carl Perkins and Eric Clapton.
- Paul concert at the Olympiahalle, Munich (Get Back Tour).
- End of Julian Lennon Australia tour.